Each structure object in the simulation is assigned a material. In the materials tab of the structure edit window, you can choose to use the <Object defined dielectric> material and type in the refractive index (can be spatially-varying), or select another material from the material database.
The (n,k) import object can also be used to specify a spatially-varying refractive index. More information can be found here.
- Lists the available materials
- Includes some common materials in optical range by default
- New materials can be added based on material models or sampled data
- Material models include permittivity models as well as conductivity models, nonlinear models,
- Used to check material fits that will be used in the simulation
- Shows material data for permittivity materials (refractive index, permittivity) and conductive materials (conductivity, resistivity) as a function of frequency or wavelength
Modeling dispersive materials and material fitting
- Material fitting is required for broadband simulations with dispersive materials
- The multi-coefficient model is used to generate fits for sampled data materials
- Material fitting settings can be adjusted to improve the fits
- Index perturbation
- Material plugin framework